ConnectX®-6 EN Single/Dual-Port Adapter Supporting 200Gb/s Ethernet
Intelligent ConnectX-6 adapter cards, the newest additions to the Mellanox Smart Interconnect suite and supporting Co-Design and In-Network Compute, introduce new acceleration engines for maximizing Cloud, Web 2.0, Big Data, Storage and Machine Learning applications.
ConnectX-6 EN supports two ports of 200Gb/s Ethernet connectivity, sub-800 nanosecond latency, and 215 million messages per second, providing the highest performance and most flexible solution for the most demanding applications and markets.
ConnectX-6 offers Mellanox Accelerated Switching And Packet Processing (ASAP2) Direct technology to offload the vSwitch/vRouter by handling the data plane in the NIC hardware while maintaining the control plane unmodified. As a result, significantly higher vSwitch/vRouter performance is achieved without the associated CPU load.
ConnectX-6 offers a crucial innovation to network security by providing block-level encryption. Data in transit undergoes encryption and decryption as it is stored or retrieved. The encryption/decryption is offloaded by the ConnectX-6 hardware, saving latency and offloading CPU. ConnectX-6 block-level encryption offload enables protection between users sharing the same resources, as different encryption keys can be used.
Machine learning relies on especially high throughput and low latency to train deep neural networks and to improve recognition and classification accuracy. As the first adapter to deliver 200Gb/s throughput, ConnectX-6 is the perfect solution to provide machine learning applications with the levels of performance and scalability that they require.
Learn more about Ethernet technology.
*For illustration only. Actual product may vary.
- Industry-leading throughput, low latency, low CPU utilization and high message rate
- Innovative rack design for storage and Machine Learning based on Host Chaining technology
- Smart interconnect for x86, Power, ARM, and GPU-based compute and storage platforms
- Advanced storage capabilities including NVMe over Fabric offloads
- Intelligent network adapter supporting flexible pipeline programmability
- Cutting-edge performance in virtualized networks including Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- Enabler for efficient service chaining capabilities
- 200Gb/s Ethernet per port and all lower speeds
- Up to 215M messages/second
- Tag Matching and Rendezvous Offloads
- Adaptive Routing on Reliable Transport
- Burst Buffer Offloads for Background Checkpointing
- NVMe over Fabric (NVMf) Target Offloads
- Back-End Switch Elimination by Host Chaining
- Enhanced vSwitch / vRouter Offloads
- Flexible Pipeline
- RoCE for Overlay Networks
- PCIe Gen3 and Gen4 Support
- Erasure Coding offload
- IBM CAPI v2 support
- T10-DIF Signature Handover
- Mellanox PeerDirect™ communication acceleration
- Hardware offloads for NVGRE and VXLAN encapsulated traffic
- End-to-end QoS and congestion control
- Hardware-based I/O virtualization